Republicans: continued

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Re: Republicans: continued

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Sun Sep 15, 2024 5:01 pm

JD Vance likes the 'pet-eaters' story too much to let it go. He also continues to insist that the Haitians in Springfield are 'illegal migrants' despite the fact that most of them are in the US legally.

'CNN’s Dana Bash Shuts Down JD Vance’s Migrant-Pets Claim in Blistering Fact-Check'
Vice presidential candidate and Ohio Sen. JD Vance seemingly took credit on Sunday for propagating the media bonanza over baseless claims of pet-eating in Springfield, Ohio, that made their way to last week’s presidential debate—even as it led to bomb threats at offices and schools in the city.

“The American media totally ignored this stuff until Donald Trump and I start talking about cat memes,” Vance told CNN’s Dana Bash on State of the Union. “If I have to create stories so that the American media actually pays attention to the suffering of the American people, then that's what I'm going to do.”

“Sorry, you just said that you're creating the story,” Bash shot back. “You just said that this is a story that you created. So, the eating dogs and cats thing is not accurate?”

“I say that we're creating a story, meaning we're creating the American media focusing on it,” Vance clarified. “I didn't create 20,000 illegal migrants coming into Springfield thanks to Kamala Harris’ policies. Her policies did that. But yes, we created the actual focus that allowed the American media to talk about this story and the suffering caused by Kamala Harris’ policies.”
An investigation of the beginnings of the lie that Vance so happily propagates:

'Triple Hearsay: Original Sources of the Claim that Haitians Eat Pets in Ohio Admit No First-Hand Knowledge"

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Tue Sep 17, 2024 1:48 pm

The Republicans can be proud of this one. ProPublica goes into excruciating detail relaying the story of a woman in Georgia who suffered complications from a self-administered chemical abortion, sought care at her hospital, was denied care until she was on the verge of death (per Georgia law) and died on the operating table. This is unlikely to be a unique case, and more will come to light as the Republican's overturning of Roe v. Wade continues to reverberate across the US.

'Abortion Bans Have Delayed Emergency Medical Care. In Georgia, Experts Say This Mother’s Death Was Preventable.'
In her final hours, Amber Nicole Thurman suffered from a grave infection that her suburban Atlanta hospital was well-equipped to treat.

She’d taken abortion pills and encountered a rare complication; she had not expelled all of the fetal tissue from her body. She showed up at Piedmont Henry Hospital in need of a routine procedure to clear it from her uterus, called a dilation and curettage, or D&C.

But just that summer, her state had made performing the procedure a felony, with few exceptions. Any doctor who violated the new Georgia law could be prosecuted and face up to a decade in prison.

Thurman waited in pain in a hospital bed, worried about what would happen to her 6-year-old son, as doctors monitored her infection spreading, her blood pressure sinking and her organs beginning to fail.

It took 20 hours for doctors to finally operate. By then, it was too late.

The otherwise healthy 28-year-old medical assistant, who had her sights set on nursing school, should not have died, an official state committee recently concluded.

Tasked with examining pregnancy-related deaths to improve maternal health, the experts, including 10 doctors, deemed hers “preventable” and said the hospital’s delay in performing the critical procedure had a “large” impact on her fatal outcome.

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Tue Sep 17, 2024 3:04 pm

Expert-level dipshit JD Vance has a brilliant idea. While his own rhetoric is apparently an outstanding example of proper political discourse, the Democratic Party is inciting violence by pointing out the fascistic ambitions of Trump and himself and they need to cut it out.

'Vance Claims Difference Between Dems and Republicans Is "No One Has Tried to Kill Kamala Harris"'
JD Vance has called for the heat to be taken out of American political debate after what appears to be a second assassination attempt against running mate Donald Trump.

But the Republican vice presidential candidate still appeared to blame Democrats for the threats to the former president’s life, saying Monday that “the big difference between conservatives and liberals is no one has tried to kill Kamala Harris.”

Appearing in public for the first time since the foiled assassination attempt on Sunday, Vance asserted that Democrats need to “cut this crap out” and “tone down the rhetoric.”

He later denied any responsibility for over 30 bomb threats made in Springfield, Ohio, after he and Trump repeatedly pushed false claims about Haitian migrants eating people’s pets there.

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Tue Sep 17, 2024 7:31 pm

Years from now this will be the abortion election.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... le-thurman
Harris’s comments came on the heels of an investigation published by ProPublica on Monday, recounting the circumstances surrounding the 2022 death of Amber Nicole Thurman, a medical assistant from Georgia. The outlet called the case the first “preventable” abortion-related death to be confirmed, and said it would name a second in coming days.
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Atomic man, embossed on hues of
Money greens that swell and ooze, will
Scratch his chin as if to muse that
All this winning meant to lose
Though he slaved and hate his dues
Here he was, no time to choose...Grass for Blades by Wigwam

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Sep 18, 2024 4:31 pm

L'Emmerdeur wrote:Expert-level dipshit JD Vance has a brilliant idea. While his own rhetoric is apparently an outstanding example of proper political discourse, the Democratic Party is inciting violence by pointing out the fascistic ambitions of Trump and himself and they need to cut it out.

'Vance Claims Difference Between Dems and Republicans Is "No One Has Tried to Kill Kamala Harris"'
JD Vance has called for the heat to be taken out of American political debate after what appears to be a second assassination attempt against running mate Donald Trump.

But the Republican vice presidential candidate still appeared to blame Democrats for the threats to the former president’s life, saying Monday that “the big difference between conservatives and liberals is no one has tried to kill Kamala Harris.”

Appearing in public for the first time since the foiled assassination attempt on Sunday, Vance asserted that Democrats need to “cut this crap out” and “tone down the rhetoric.”

He later denied any responsibility for over 30 bomb threats made in Springfield, Ohio, after he and Trump repeatedly pushed false claims about Haitian migrants eating people’s pets there.
‘Racism is embedded in our society’: how attacks on immigrants in Ohio highlight US disinformation crisis
...Springfield has received more than 33 bomb threats since Trump’s statements at the debate. Its city hall was evacuated, along with some local schools. Springfield hospitals are also on alert, and Haitian immigrants say they have received several threats.

“People that are hardworking, contributing to our communities, are not the danger,” Ibarra said. “The danger is all of these violent ideologies that are being fueled by the people that repeat these lies, by the people that go on social media and on TV and continue to repeat them.”
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:04 pm

Who are these Republicans planning to go to war with, and whose army will they use? A line is being crossed here, and I'm not alone in thinking that way. I heard a former Republican leader talking about this bunch being a "clear and present danger", obviously hinting at least that the feds have legitimate grounds to act to stop these clowns.
Imagine that. I guess it's only coincidental that you'd already be the perfect citizen in the ideal world you're selling.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:18 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2024 4:31 pm
L'Emmerdeur wrote:Expert-level dipshit JD Vance has a brilliant idea. While his own rhetoric is apparently an outstanding example of proper political discourse, the Democratic Party is inciting violence by pointing out the fascistic ambitions of Trump and himself and they need to cut it out.

‘Racism is embedded in our society’: how attacks on immigrants in Ohio highlight US disinformation crisis
...Springfield has received more than 33 bomb threats since Trump’s statements at the debate. Its city hall was evacuated, along with some local schools. Springfield hospitals are also on alert, and Haitian immigrants say they have received several threats.

“People that are hardworking, contributing to our communities, are not the danger,” Ibarra said. “The danger is all of these violent ideologies that are being fueled by the people that repeat these lies, by the people that go on social media and on TV and continue to repeat them.”
A good book that takes a closer look at how we got here: How America Lost Its Mind: The Assault on Reason That’s Crippling Our Democracy by Thomas E. Patterson.
Imagine that. I guess it's only coincidental that you'd already be the perfect citizen in the ideal world you're selling.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Sep 23, 2024 8:06 am

Tero hasn't posted about the black Nazi governor yet. He's a piece of work. The govenor, not Tero.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Mon Sep 23, 2024 11:08 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2024 8:06 am
Tero hasn't posted about the black Nazi governor yet. He's a piece of work. The govenor, not Tero.
He would not be the first black to own slaves. Which he wants.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African-A ... ave_owners

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Mon Sep 23, 2024 5:02 pm

Most important issue in the election is illegal immigrants. Because....
https://www.threads.net/@aaron.rupar/po ... kPqLLR6o9g
....they get free stuff

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Tue Sep 24, 2024 1:04 am

:lol: --they should also add why the rich guy convinced him of that too, because that's the best bit, it's not even so the rich guy can do something about the immigrants. He may just hope to get a leader that will help him avoid "death taxes". --it's rotten how they control all the influence to manipulate us. :nono:

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Sep 24, 2024 5:34 am

Commie!
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT