Hi, I'm Mick

New? Introduce yourself here.
pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Re: Hi, I'm Mick

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:11 am

I wanna see a Mick, Jamest and Macdoc all-in brawl!
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

jamest

Post by jamest » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:37 am

macdoc wrote:The usual

"Fuck off Seth" ....seems to do in times of scarcity :D

Did Jamest scamper away to the relative safety of RatSkep?
No, but you can't say anything to me here that you haven't already said to me over there numerous times (and got away with it), so please don't repeat the crap I've already had to endure. It will just send me to sleep.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:41 am

Get stuck into him, James. You can do that here to a degree. You're a far better wordsmith than him. Rhetorically, you should wipe the floor with him! :D
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

macdoc
Twitcher

Post by macdoc » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:03 am

You mean

You always did get your imagery mangled there Rev. Jamest spends too much time with the King James than the King's English. :coffee:
Resident in Cairns Australia Australia> CB300F • Travel photos https://500px.com/p/macdoc?view=galleries

jamest

Post by jamest » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:23 am

macdoc wrote:You mean

You always did get your imagery mangled there Rev. Jamest spends too much time with the King James than the King's English. :coffee:
You may call me King James, I am worthy.

What I would like to see from you is a sophisticated defence of your self-proclaimed right to act like a bigot and a troll whenever a theist has the audacity to enter the room. At the very least, it would be entertaining.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:25 pm

:yes:

jamest

Post by jamest » Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:46 pm

:tumble:

piscator

Post by piscator » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:09 pm

What about when they knock on my door to evangelize?
Or want to conspicuously pray at my table and then call me out for not being at my own table in my own house when heads were being conspicuously bowed and prayers were being conspicuously intoned?
(This wasn't family. And I politely forbore, but suffered delayed stress for a month over the deal :lay: .)

jamest

Post by jamest » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:16 pm

piscator wrote:What about when they knock on my door to evangelize?
Or want to conspicuously pray at my table and then call me out for not being at my own table in my own house when heads were being conspicuously bowed and prayers were being conspicuously said? (This wasn't family either.)
Yes, you have my sympathies. But I'm talking about defending the bigoted trolling of theists (who are not necessarily religious people) when they participate in public forums open to rational discussion of metaphysical issues. I don't think the 'macdoc treatment' is justified.

piscator

Post by piscator » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:36 pm

Naa. It's just too easy to show that most wannabe metaphysical emperors have lots of body hair with just a few questions.

But you have to admit that most outspoken theists who hang around atheist sites are on one sort of mission or another. And after you've seen so many continue to flog (at best) after their arguments have been shattered...well...

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:41 pm

NineOneFour wrote:
FBM wrote:
I don't have a monitor that big.
1. I thought it would help out the functionally stupid among us who have issues with reading comprehension.
No need to write in the third-person, we know you're referring to yourself.
2. Sounds like a personal problem, man.
Indeed.
"Seth is Grandmaster Zen Troll who trains his victims to troll themselves every time they think of him" Robert_S

"All that is required for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Those who support denying anyone the right to keep and bear arms for personal defense are fully complicit in every crime that might have been prevented had the victim been effectively armed." Seth

© 2013/2014/2015/2016 Seth, all rights reserved. No reuse, republication, duplication, or derivative work is authorized.

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:43 pm

Hermit wrote:
Pappa wrote:Wow... this Mick guy must be really popular. His welcome thread has reached 32 pages already and tons of members who barely visit the forum nowadays have returned to welcome him.
Yes, popular in exactly the same way that people can't resist rubbernecking at road accidents and commenting on them. He's not the only one either. Look at the posting traffic Seth generates, for instance.
Didn't my welcome thread go on forever too?

See how useful we are to the forum? We can bring it from moribund lassitude to fighting fury with a single post.
"Seth is Grandmaster Zen Troll who trains his victims to troll themselves every time they think of him" Robert_S

"All that is required for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Those who support denying anyone the right to keep and bear arms for personal defense are fully complicit in every crime that might have been prevented had the victim been effectively armed." Seth

© 2013/2014/2015/2016 Seth, all rights reserved. No reuse, republication, duplication, or derivative work is authorized.

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:45 pm

jamest wrote: What I would like to see from you is a sophisticated defence of your self-proclaimed right to act like a bigot and a troll whenever a theist has the audacity to enter the room. At the very least, it would be entertaining.
I would too. Of course I've been searching for such an argument from quite literally anyone in any of three different Atheist forums I've been pestering for what, a decade now, and I've not found one person who even pretends to have the capacity to do so.

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:54 pm

Don't answer the door.
Or want to conspicuously pray at my table and then call me out for not being at my own table in my own house when heads were being conspicuously bowed and prayers were being conspicuously intoned?

Invite them to get the fuck out of your house, or don't invite them in the first place. Social rudeness as a guest is a serious breach of etiquette. Of course so is flaunting your Atheism by inviting someone you know to be theistically inclined to your home and then making a production of disrespecting their religious practices.

"But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no God. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg."

-Thomas Jefferson, Notes on Virginia, 1782

Would it break your leg to respect your guest by politely observing a basic courtesy? It doesn't mean you are forfeiting your beliefs, it means that you are a tolerant and rational adult who recognizes and respects the fact that people have, and are entitled to differing beliefs.
(This wasn't family. And I politely forbore, but suffered delayed stress for a month over the deal :lay: .)
Holy crap! You make it sound like you were pilloried and whipped for apostasy. Robert Heinlein had it right when he wrote "When the natives rub blue mud in their belly buttons at a celebration, it's good manners to rub blue mud in your belly button too." (I paraphrase)

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:55 pm

jamest wrote:
Or want to conspicuously pray at my table and then call me out for not being at my own table in my own house when heads were being conspicuously bowed and prayers were being conspicuously said? (This wasn't family either.)
Yes, you have my sympathies. But I'm talking about defending the bigoted trolling of theists (who are not necessarily religious people) when they participate in public forums open to rational discussion of metaphysical issues. I don't think the 'macdoc treatment' is justified.
I'm with you Jamest. That's why I call them Atheists, because they are some of the most intolerant religious bigots I've ever met, just short of the Taliban in some cases.