Hi, I'm Mick

New? Introduce yourself here.
FBM
Ratz' first Gritizen.
About me: Skeptic. "Because it does not contend
It is therefore beyond reproach"

Re: Hi, I'm Mick

Post by FBM » Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:15 am

NineOneFour wrote:Since some people are too inept to figure this out themselves.

I don't have a monitor that big.
"A philosopher is a blind man in a dark room looking for a black cat that isn't there. A theologian is the man who finds it." ~ H. L. Mencken

"We ain't a sharp species. We kill each other over arguments about what happens when you die, then fail to see the fucking irony in that."

"It is useless for the sheep to pass resolutions in favor of vegetarianism while the wolf remains of a different opinion."

FBM
Ratz' first Gritizen.
About me: Skeptic. "Because it does not contend
It is therefore beyond reproach"

Post by FBM » Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:16 am

Xamonas Chegwé wrote:
Lion IRC wrote:
FBM wrote:Atheism is a religion like not golfing is a sport.
And Harris, Dawkins, Hitchens, Dennett, Onfrey, Boghossian write books about 'not golfing'.
Just like Pratchett, Rowling, Tolkein and Peake write/wrote books about 'not real life'. Your point? It is possible to write a book on any subject, real or otherwise. The writing of the book conveys no reality (or any other context) to the subject being written about. :dunno:
I'm not getting the point, either. :dunno:
"A philosopher is a blind man in a dark room looking for a black cat that isn't there. A theologian is the man who finds it." ~ H. L. Mencken

"We ain't a sharp species. We kill each other over arguments about what happens when you die, then fail to see the fucking irony in that."

"It is useless for the sheep to pass resolutions in favor of vegetarianism while the wolf remains of a different opinion."

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:05 am

Lion IRC wrote:
And Harris, Dawkins, Hitchens, Dennett, Onfrey, Boghossian write books about 'not golfing'.
Mostly because "golfing" has been regarded as the only way to be moral and live forever in paradise...

Someone has to show that "not golfing" is a reasonable alternative...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

MiM
Man In The Middle

Post by MiM » Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:40 am

The meaning of life without golf:
http://www.semissourian.com/story/86571.html

"I know it is the art and not the science of golf that has me entranced. " :biggrin:
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool - Richard Feynman

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:16 am

Personally, I view golf as an evil disease, that enslaves its deluded victims...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Agi Hammerthief

Post by Agi Hammerthief » Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:48 am

JimC wrote:Personally, I view golf as an evil disease, that enslaves its deluded victims...
isn't that cats?
* my (modified) emphasis ( or 'interpretation' )
the goldisch rule:
don't do, of which you don't want to be accused of doing.

when you chop off your neighbours head and use it as a vase, you can call it 'culture'.
it's called civilisation is when this gets you jailed for the rest of your live.

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:45 am

Xamonas Chegwé wrote:
Seth wrote:But I'm never angry or upset, I'm just titting the tat.
Ah. I see. You might be interested to know that you ALWAYS appear both angry and upset. If you have good reason for disguising your true emotional state like this and find it to be beneficial to come across as a raving, feather-spitting rabies-victim, so be it. Otherwise, you might consider changing your posting style. Unless "tolerism" TM requires acting like Hitler on speed for its full effect. :tea:
You might want to go back and read my intro thread, wherein I explain to you that what you see here is merely a persona that may or may not represent any of my actual beliefs or practices.

I don't think I've ever been unclear about that have I?
"Seth is Grandmaster Zen Troll who trains his victims to troll themselves every time they think of him" Robert_S

"All that is required for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Those who support denying anyone the right to keep and bear arms for personal defense are fully complicit in every crime that might have been prevented had the victim been effectively armed." Seth

© 2013/2014/2015/2016 Seth, all rights reserved. No reuse, republication, duplication, or derivative work is authorized.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:47 am

It's clear that that is and always has been bollocks. Why do you continue to promote that lie?
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:00 am

rEvolutionist wrote:It's clear that that is and always has been bollocks. Why do you continue to promote that lie?
Why do you continue breathing? Weren't you fellating the gas stopcock lately? Get back to it.
"Seth is Grandmaster Zen Troll who trains his victims to troll themselves every time they think of him" Robert_S

"All that is required for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Those who support denying anyone the right to keep and bear arms for personal defense are fully complicit in every crime that might have been prevented had the victim been effectively armed." Seth

© 2013/2014/2015/2016 Seth, all rights reserved. No reuse, republication, duplication, or derivative work is authorized.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:41 am

You give me meaning, Seth. Without your retarded "arguments" to debunk, I'd have nothing to do...
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

piscator

Post by piscator » Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:38 pm

Lion IRC wrote:
And so did Salinger, Vonnegut, and Dostoyevsky, among others. What's the point in only listing authors who write about the many problems with religion?

DaveDodo007
About me: When ever I behave as a man I am called sexist, It seems being a male is now illegal and nobody sent me the memo. Good job as I would have told them to fuck off.

Post by DaveDodo007 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:17 pm

Shouldn't this derail be moved to the atheist & theist part of the forum?
We should be MOST skeptical of ideas we like because we are sufficiently skeptical of ideas that we don't like. Penn Jillette.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:26 pm

What derail, the last 28 pages or so of the thread?
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

SteveB
Nibbler
About me: The more you change the less you feel

Post by SteveB » Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:10 pm

Is this one of those atheist/theist debates? I can't read. :sadcheer:
Twit, twat, twaddle.
hadespussercats wrote:I've been de-sigged! :(

piscator