New? Introduce yourself here.
pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Re: Hi, I'm Mick

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:54 am

Seth wrote:
rEvolutionist wrote:
That's still a naturalistic fallacy. Why is a "natural end", whatever that is, relevant to anything at all?
Why isn't it? The "naturalistic fallacy" is not a law of physics or nature you know, although you refer to it as if it is the ultimate rebuttal to any sort of "is/ought" issue.
You seem to be totally clueless of logic. I'm not making an assertion. Mick (and you) are making the assertions. It's up to you to provide evidence and reasoning for them, or continue to be dismissed as wibblers.
Catholic doctrine holds that a "natural end" is preferable to artificial means when it comes to procreation. This doctrine is based on Catholic belief with respect to the commandments of God about sexuality and its proper and moral use.
There's no evidence for God. Why should I give a shit what a bunch of hypocrites (the Catholic leadership) think of anything??
Empirically speaking, the laws of the United States, ratified by the Supreme Court have regulated the expression of sexuality in society as a fundamental part of social order. The reasoning that has prevailed since well before the formation of the US (by thousands of years) is that unrestrained sexuality is harmful to society and particularly harmful to the stable family unit, which is extremely harmful to the society as a whole,
Where's your evidence for this?
Regulation of sexual practice has been a matter deemed suitable for government regulation for a very, very long time, and whatever your or my opinion it is within the purview of government to regulate such practices. (I disagree with that, but that's another argument)
What does this have to do with "natural laws" and the like??
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:57 am

Seth wrote:
FBM wrote:
Seth wrote:You are free to present evidence for the non-existence of god here. So far you haven't even entered the game.
Read the thread. We've been over this. This is just more rhetorical dodge-ball. If you make the claim, it's up to you to provide evidence for it. :bored:
I made no claim, your side did. I did not say "God exists" or "God does not exist,"
You must be a theist to make this argument. Only theists are this clueless. Where did anyone say that god does not exist??
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:59 am

Seth wrote:
Mick wrote:
FBM wrote:Still no evidence for your god, then? :tea:
:roll: I posted a link to my argument.
Mick, you do know that even if you posted everything you've ever written, and everything ever written by any philosopher or theologian throughout history these numbnut would simply ignore and dismiss all of it because they can't put it under a microscope and dissect it with a scalpel. They suffer from poverty of imagination in the extreme, so you and I are just poking them to watch them scream and throw poo at the glass in impotent fury at the idea that we won't bow down and worship THEIR god; the god of secularism.

They will never, ever present a reasoned and reasonable argument even if you post the most erudite and carefully logical defense of your thesis, they will just harangue you, insult you, dismiss you and ignore you because they don't have the wit to do more.
Nice trolling. Problem for you is that no one here falls for it. Keep wasting electrons..

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:59 am

Seth wrote:
Hermit wrote:As an agnostic I make no claim one way or another regarding the existence of any god, but until credible evidence turns up that one exists I lack a belief in its existence.
Now THAT is a rational response.

That makes me functionally an atheist. Elsewhere in this forum I have given an example of the sort of evidence that would persuade me that a god exists, so I don't think furnishing credible evidence for the existence of a supernatural being is an impossible task. It just has not been forthcoming at this stage.
And I agree with you.
Then you should agree with all of us. If you weren't such a pathetic troll you would realise we all hold this position.

FBM
Ratz' first Gritizen.
About me: Skeptic. "Because it does not contend
It is therefore beyond reproach"

Post by FBM » Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:34 pm

Since we're talking about catlicks:

Pope Francis says he opposes making recreational drugs legal

I guess the opiate of the dumbasses doesn't want the competition. :hehe:
"A philosopher is a blind man in a dark room looking for a black cat that isn't there. A theologian is the man who finds it." ~ H. L. Mencken

"We ain't a sharp species. We kill each other over arguments about what happens when you die, then fail to see the fucking irony in that."

"It is useless for the sheep to pass resolutions in favor of vegetarianism while the wolf remains of a different opinion."

FBM
Ratz' first Gritizen.

Post by FBM » Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:38 pm

Dis catlick dood is teh awesomes! :funny:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61HnbXrjmuQ#t=145[/youtube]
"A philosopher is a blind man in a dark room looking for a black cat that isn't there. A theologian is the man who finds it." ~ H. L. Mencken

"We ain't a sharp species. We kill each other over arguments about what happens when you die, then fail to see the fucking irony in that."

"It is useless for the sheep to pass resolutions in favor of vegetarianism while the wolf remains of a different opinion."

tattuchu
a dickload of cocks
About me: I'm having trouble with the trolley.

Post by tattuchu » Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:27 pm

FBM wrote:Dis catlick dood is teh awesomes! :funny:
It's a spoof, right? I mean, he can't be serious :what:
People think "queue" is just "q" followed by 4 silent letters.

But those letters are not silent.

They're just waiting their turn.

FBM
Ratz' first Gritizen.

Post by FBM » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:02 pm

tattuchu wrote:
I thought he was a POE, too, at first, but he has a string of Youtube vids on related things. I don't think he's a a POE. I think he's a catlick tinfoil hat wearer. I may be proven wrong, mind you, but I don't think I will. ;)

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:14 pm

No way is this not a parody.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

PsychoSerenity
"I" Self-Perceive Recursively

Post by PsychoSerenity » Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:17 pm

tattuchu wrote:
Watching that I feel like I've lost a significant portion of my IQ to satanic patterns everywhere!
[Disclaimer - if this is comes across like I think I know what I'm talking about, I want to make it clear that I don't. I'm just trying to get my thoughts down]

Xamonas Chegwé
Bouncer
Bouncer
About me: I have prehensile eyebrows.
I speak 9 languages fluently, one of which other people can also speak.
When backed into a corner, I fit perfectly - having a right-angled arse.

Post by Xamonas Chegwé » Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:05 pm

Nothing supernatural has happened, EVER!

(I got that from a genuine pixie, so you know it's true. :tea: )
A book is a version of the world. If you do not like it, ignore it; or offer your own version in return.
Salman Rushdie
You talk to God, you're religious. God talks to you, you're psychotic.
House MD
Who needs a meaning anyway, I'd settle anyday for a very fine view.
Sandy Denny
This is the wrong forum for bluffing :nono:
Paco
Yes, yes. But first I need to show you this venomous fish!
Calilasseia
I think we should do whatever Pawiz wants.
Twoflower
Bella squats momentarily then waddles on still peeing, like a horse
Millefleur

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:21 pm

I was feeling a bit supernatural this morning. But then I had to go to work.

macdoc
Twitcher

Post by macdoc » Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:42 pm

You couldn't send the doppelganger??
Resident in Cairns Australia Australia> CB300F • Travel photos https://500px.com/p/macdoc?view=galleries

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:08 pm

I'm just lacking in imagination all around!

Agi Hammerthief

Post by Agi Hammerthief » Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:25 pm

[youtube]
I think the devil dude in carneval costume to the left is a giveway that it's a POE
* my (modified) emphasis ( or 'interpretation' )
the goldisch rule:
don't do, of which you don't want to be accused of doing.

when you chop off your neighbours head and use it as a vase, you can call it 'culture'.
it's called civilisation is when this gets you jailed for the rest of your live.