Hi, I'm Mick

New? Introduce yourself here.
Xamonas Chegwé
Bouncer
Bouncer
About me: I have prehensile eyebrows.
I speak 9 languages fluently, one of which other people can also speak.
When backed into a corner, I fit perfectly - having a right-angled arse.

Re: Hi, I'm Mick

Post by Xamonas Chegwé » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:31 am

Hermit wrote:
Xamonas Chegwé wrote:Just try making your point without the insults and pointless polemics.
That's a very sneaky way of asking Seth to stop posting. :mrgreen:
It's really not. He has made some genuinely interesting posts over the years. Of course, when he just trots out the same old dogmatic auto-replies, I stop reading. But when he opens up and speaks his mind (as opposed to that of the NRA or the tea party), he is actually pretty likeable. :tea:
A book is a version of the world. If you do not like it, ignore it; or offer your own version in return.
Salman Rushdie
You talk to God, you're religious. God talks to you, you're psychotic.
House MD
Who needs a meaning anyway, I'd settle anyday for a very fine view.
Sandy Denny
This is the wrong forum for bluffing :nono:
Paco
Yes, yes. But first I need to show you this venomous fish!
Calilasseia
I think we should do whatever Pawiz wants.
Twoflower
Bella squats momentarily then waddles on still peeing, like a horse
Millefleur

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:48 am

Xamonas Chegwé wrote:
Hermit wrote:
Xamonas Chegwé wrote:Just try making your point without the insults and pointless polemics.
It's really not. He has made some genuinely interesting posts over the years. Of course, when he just trots out the same old dogmatic auto-replies, I stop reading. But when he opens up and speaks his mind (as opposed to that of the NRA or the tea party), he is actually pretty likeable. :tea:
I was clearly exaggerating. Not a lot, though, especially given Seth's posts in the past few months.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Xamonas Chegwé
Bouncer
Bouncer

Post by Xamonas Chegwé » Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:00 am

Hermit wrote:
Xamonas Chegwé wrote:
Hermit wrote:
I was clearly exaggerating. Not a lot, though, especially given Seth's posts in the past few months.
Yeah. He's not shown much restraint, has he? Hence the holidays. :sigh:
A book is a version of the world. If you do not like it, ignore it; or offer your own version in return.
Salman Rushdie
House MD
Sandy Denny
Paco
Calilasseia
Twoflower
Millefleur

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:05 am

Hermit wrote:
Not a lot left when you take those out, that's for sure...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

FBM
Ratz' first Gritizen.
About me: Skeptic. "Because it does not contend
It is therefore beyond reproach"

Post by FBM » Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:18 am

Mick wrote:Yup.

Moving on...
I guess this means we don't get any evidence for god(s). :sadcheer:
"A philosopher is a blind man in a dark room looking for a black cat that isn't there. A theologian is the man who finds it." ~ H. L. Mencken

"We ain't a sharp species. We kill each other over arguments about what happens when you die, then fail to see the fucking irony in that."

"It is useless for the sheep to pass resolutions in favor of vegetarianism while the wolf remains of a different opinion."

tattuchu
a dickload of cocks
About me: I'm having trouble with the trolley.

Post by tattuchu » Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:47 am

FBM wrote:

Moving on...
I figured this meant he was moving on from RatSkep, and so staying here. If he's moving on from here, not sure what to think. I was happy we had a new member. But if all he's going to talk about is religious twattery, then that's rather tiresome. I mean, think of the cheese, man. The cheese!
People think "queue" is just "q" followed by 4 silent letters.

But those letters are not silent.

They're just waiting their turn.

FBM
Ratz' first Gritizen.
About me: Skeptic. "Because it does not contend
It is therefore beyond reproach"

Post by FBM » Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:50 am

tattuchu wrote:
FBM wrote:

Moving on...
I figured this meant he was moving on from RatSkep, and so staying here. If he's moving on from here, not sure what to think. I was happy we had a new member. But if all he's going to talk about is religious twattery, then that's rather tiresome. I mean, think of the cheese, man. The cheese!
I thought so, too, at first, but he hasn't posted since, so maybe he got tired of us asking for evidence for his god and playing rhetorical word games to avoid actually doing so or admitting that he can't.
"A philosopher is a blind man in a dark room looking for a black cat that isn't there. A theologian is the man who finds it." ~ H. L. Mencken

"We ain't a sharp species. We kill each other over arguments about what happens when you die, then fail to see the fucking irony in that."

"It is useless for the sheep to pass resolutions in favor of vegetarianism while the wolf remains of a different opinion."

Xamonas Chegwé
Bouncer
Bouncer

Post by Xamonas Chegwé » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:00 am

He just didn't accept cheeses into his heart. He is lost. Poor sod. All we can do now is wank for him. :nono:
Salman Rushdie
House MD
Sandy Denny
Paco
Calilasseia
Twoflower
Millefleur

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:32 am

I thought you let cheeses into your fart?
And my gin!

Xamonas Chegwé
Bouncer
Bouncer

Post by Xamonas Chegwé » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:35 am

JimC wrote:I thought you let cheeses into your fart?
Can't beat a good cheesy fart. I have improved many an elevator with such. :biggrin:
Salman Rushdie
House MD
Sandy Denny
Paco
Calilasseia
Twoflower
Millefleur

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:43 am

Can't beat your sulphuretted hydrocarbons...
And my gin!

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:48 am

Xamonas Chegwé wrote:
There are NO "approved" insults here, neither are there "banned" insults. If the staff as a whole consider that your post was a deliberate, personal attack on another member, action will be taken.
You lie like a rug.

I would suggest using "go fuck yourself" a little less often.
I would suggest you do your fucking job and keep other people from forcing me to do so.
The staff are pretty much evenly split on whether it constitutes a PA on its own. I have never thought that it does and always argued against taking action but if it becomes the standard response to EVERY post that you disagree with, I could change my mind.
It's not and you know it perfectly well. It's an appropriate response to personal attacks on me and I'll continue to use it when it's appropriate to do so.
Just try making your point without the insults and pointless polemics. I kind of like having you around and would hate to see you serving one 6-month suspension after another.
Well, I'll tell you what, sparky, if it makes you feel better I can use "fuck off" or the smiley to the same effect. But if you would spend half as much time smacking everyone else who provokes those insults by insulting me first you'd have an easier job to do.

I would think by now you'd have noticed a pattern here. FYI, when somebody else makes it personal, I make it personal right back at them and will continue to do so, particularly when you mods studiously ignore those personal insults just as you always have, here, at RatSkep and at RDF before that.

I can't even recall how many years I've been saying the exact same thing to the exact same people with the exact same result.

So fuck off!

As for "pointless polemics", once again, fuck off. My posts are never pointless and are very often much better thought out and articulated than yours or most other people's posts because I take the time to make them that way. You think they are pointless because of your own inherent bias and bigotry and because you know full well that I make a lot of sensible, rational and logical arguments that you absolutely hate but haven't the gumption to rebut in a reasonable adult manner, which is true of many other members here, particularly rEv.

So fuck off again!
"Seth is Grandmaster Zen Troll who trains his victims to troll themselves every time they think of him" Robert_S

"All that is required for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Those who support denying anyone the right to keep and bear arms for personal defense are fully complicit in every crime that might have been prevented had the victim been effectively armed." Seth

© 2013/2014/2015/2016 Seth, all rights reserved. No reuse, republication, duplication, or derivative work is authorized.

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:51 am

Hermit wrote:
ETA: "Fuck yourself" is a bit unfriendly in some contexts, but not an insult. I have never reported a post for that expression.
Don't be a hypocrite and I won't have to call you one. Not that I think you're capable of doing so.
"Seth is Grandmaster Zen Troll who trains his victims to troll themselves every time they think of him" Robert_S

"All that is required for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Those who support denying anyone the right to keep and bear arms for personal defense are fully complicit in every crime that might have been prevented had the victim been effectively armed." Seth

© 2013/2014/2015/2016 Seth, all rights reserved. No reuse, republication, duplication, or derivative work is authorized.

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:53 am

FBM wrote:

Moving on...
No, it means you have to do your own homework.

Xamonas Chegwé
Bouncer
Bouncer

Post by Xamonas Chegwé » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:54 am

You know what, Seth? The next time somebody reports one of your posts for a "fuck off" or a "go fuck yourself", I will vote for a further suspension of increased duration. Because you have just admitted that you are doing so as a tit-for-tat response that (you believe) is not against the rules. How's that? :tea:
Salman Rushdie
House MD
Sandy Denny
Paco
Calilasseia
Twoflower
Millefleur