Hi, I'm Mick

New? Introduce yourself here.
NineOneFour
About me: Married, ethnically German, hardcore Social Democrat, ex-Dittohead, ex-Libertarian, went to Catholic school, father was a religious cultist who thought he had the gift of prophecy and could communicate with the "other side".
So, had a weird life. Better now.

Re: Hi, I'm Mick

Post by NineOneFour » Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:40 am

Lion IRC wrote:Yeah, 914.
I dont visit here regularly either.
Good for you.

I actually mean that sincerely.

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Re: Hi, I'm a total fucking prick

Post by rainbow » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:51 am

NineOneFour wrote:Mick, seriously, you are lying about your posts over there.

Not the first whiner who got their ass booted out of Ratskep to come over here and bitch about it, and you won't be the last.

Seen it before, old news, no one cares.
:dunno: Who are you talking about?
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

Gallstones
Supreme Absolute And Exclusive Ruler Of The World
About me: A fleck on a flake on a speck.

Post by Gallstones » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:32 pm

NineOneFour wrote:
Gallstones wrote:
NineOneFour wrote:
Beatsong wrote:
Mick wrote:I don't think I was an asshole. I just didn't join hands with you guys and cry along.

I outright said that bullying is wrong, that bullying itself does not build virtue, and that the blame belongs to the bully, etc. I approached that thread with a sort of Vulcan objectivity, and it was misinterpreted as callus apologetics for bullying.

I don't know if the admission of my bully behavior as a kid prompted the ridiculous treatment I received in that thread or not, but the herd was overly zealous in their depiction of me as some sort of a jerk. Indeed, there was a blatant insistence that whatever I said, I was a jerk.
The complaints about it were a fucking moronic, illiterate group wank of the lowest order. I read 914's feedback thread about it, then looked at the original thread. I ended up reading the whole thing because I was trying to find the point where you did and said the things you were supposed to have done and said. I'm still trying to find them.

It's fucking pathetic. So you have a different perspective from them about bullying. Big fucking deal. They could at least read what you actually fucking write and engage with it for what it is rather than reading their own fucking whiny PC prejudices into everything.

And now I'm saying "fucking" a lot. See what they've done?!

That 914 makes me ashamed to be a left wing liberal. He comes over all superior because he thinks he's taking the moral highroad, but he does so based on illiterate incomprehension of any kind of nuance, and moronic appeal to worthy-sounding soundbites.
Fuck you and your pineapple. In the ass. With a loaded bazooka.
And along comes the first glaring example.
How fortuitous.
As one of the most unfair and stupid moderators to ever grace the internet, color me unsurprised.

Now, go get laid or whatever you need to do to get over being you.
You're such a childish, conceited asshole charmer.
And you can't help yourself, you have to keep on giving.
Last edited by Gallstones on Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
But here’s the thing about rights. They’re not actually supposed to be voted on. That’s why they’re called rights. ~Rachel Maddow August 2010

The Second Amendment forms a fourth branch of government (an armed citizenry) in case the government goes mad. ~Larry Nutter

Gallstones

Post by Gallstones » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:35 pm

NineOneFour wrote:
Gallstones wrote:
NineOneFour wrote:
Agree.

I specifically said I didn't think Mick should have been banned.

Apparently the nuance that one can think someone is trolling and should receive a warning, but not be outright banned is lost on Ratskep mods, most of the people in this thread, etc.
Please instruct us vulgar and ignorant proles oh Optimus Prime.
Be the example of nuance you seek.
No, sorry, I'm not going to waste my time swatting flies. This thread, until I get bored, is it.
Predictable and unremarkable.
We'll see if you can hold to that.
My money is on "no".
But here’s the thing about rights. They’re not actually supposed to be voted on. That’s why they’re called rights. ~Rachel Maddow August 2010

The Second Amendment forms a fourth branch of government (an armed citizenry) in case the government goes mad. ~Larry Nutter

Gallstones

Post by Gallstones » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:42 pm

rainbow wrote:

Not the first whiner who got their ass booted out of Ratskep to come over here and bitch about it, and you won't be the last.

He's neglecting to reveal that he did his share of whining and then flounced.
Kinda funny he'd call someone else a bitcher and a whiner like that makes him specialer or something.

For someone who allegedly doesn't care, what are you doing monitoring this thread 914?
One of your playmates tattle to you that your name was mentioned?
Try practicing that lack of caring.

Lion IRC

Post by Lion IRC » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:04 pm

rainbow wrote:

I see what you did there.
:)

NineOneFour
About me: Married, ethnically German, hardcore Social Democrat, ex-Dittohead, ex-Libertarian, went to Catholic school, father was a religious cultist who thought he had the gift of prophecy and could communicate with the "other side".

Post by NineOneFour » Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:14 am

rainbow wrote:

*snicker*

NineOneFour

Post by NineOneFour » Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:18 am

Gallstones wrote:
rainbow wrote:

He's neglecting to reveal that he did his share of whining and then flounced.
Kinda funny he'd call someone else a bitcher and a whiner like that makes him specialer or something.

For someone who allegedly doesn't care, what are you doing monitoring this thread 914?
One of your playmates tattle to you that your name was mentioned?
Try practicing that lack of caring.
Seriously, I have no time for you. Go back to your rural hovel in BFE where they have just discovered indoor plumbing. Maybe it will be dime-a-beer night at the Horse Piss Bar and you can get drunk again behind the nickel slot machine and get desperate enough to fondle a local inbred redneck and then go home and feel marginally worthy because you managed to get him semi-hard.

Mick

Post by Mick » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:38 am

hackenslash wrote:
Mick wrote:wish for his death (hackenslash did this)?
Now tell the good folks what really happened.

You had a meltdown. If I were a troll, I'd find it funny. In reality, I found it to be unbecoming and puerile. Tantrums are for children, hackenslash.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:47 am

Mick, some people deserve to be treated like children. Christians going to an atheist forum and proselytising don't deserve much respect. I'm not trying to excuse Hackenslash's warning, he deserved that. But don't suggest he is the child. Any adult who believes in God and his stories as strongly as you appear to do, is not really thinking with adult levels of cognition.

As a side note, I see Hack was suspended for a month after only two warnings. Usually it takes three warnings to be suspended for a week, and four to be suspended for a month. Interesting new randomness from the mods over there. It's like a lucky dip as to how they will apply the FUA to any one at any particular time..
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

FBM
Ratz' first Gritizen.
About me: Skeptic. "Because it does not contend
It is therefore beyond reproach"

Post by FBM » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:52 am

As a mod, I can tell you that it's all about context. We don't have a rigid system here because some rule violations are worse than others and need to be dealt with accordingly.

And yes, rEv, religiosity is magical thinking, a characteristic of adolescence.
"A philosopher is a blind man in a dark room looking for a black cat that isn't there. A theologian is the man who finds it." ~ H. L. Mencken

"We ain't a sharp species. We kill each other over arguments about what happens when you die, then fail to see the fucking irony in that."

"It is useless for the sheep to pass resolutions in favor of vegetarianism while the wolf remains of a different opinion."

Mick

Post by Mick » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:54 am

rEvolutionist wrote:Mick, some people deserve to be treated like children. Christians going to an atheist forum and proselytising don't deserve much respect. I'm not trying to excuse Hackenslash's warning, he deserved that. But don't suggest he is the child. Any adult who believes in God and his stories as strongly as you appear to do, is not really thinking with adult levels of cognition.

As a side note, I see Hack was suspended for a month after only two warnings. Usually it takes three warnings to be suspended for a week, and four to be suspended for a month. Interesting new randomness from the mods over there. It's like a lucky dip as to how they will apply the FUA to any one at any particular time..
Catholicism boasts some of the West's greatest thinkers, just so you know. Just today I was reading from Michael Dummmet, though he recently died. You should read about him. Before that, I read a short piece on Georges Lemaitre. You should read about him, too.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:57 am

Cognitive dissonance is a pretty common phenomenon in humans.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Mick

Post by Mick » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:58 am

I didn't bring it up, actually. I wasn't even going to mention it.

Mick

Post by Mick » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:00 am

rEvolutionist wrote:Cognitive dissonance is a pretty common phenomenon in humans.
So is ad hoc reasoning.