PZ accuses Shermer of rape.

Holy Crap!
DaveDodo007
About me: When ever I behave as a man I am called sexist, It seems being a male is now illegal and nobody sent me the memo. Good job as I would have told them to fuck off.

Re: PZ accuses Shermer of rape.

Post by DaveDodo007 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:11 am

Pappa wrote:
rachelbean wrote:The full cease and desist letter can be read here:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/159838891/she ... ter-to-pzm
Wow.... after reading that it's crazy that PZ hasn't complied with the demands to remove the post and post a retraction. What a fool.
Shermer has to do this to show that going to court was his last option, this was a great get out of jail free card and he ignored it. Especially as the C&D had the Carrie Poppy edit to show he wasn't being totally truthful aka lying. :smoke:
We should be MOST skeptical of ideas we like because we are sufficiently skeptical of ideas that we don't like. Penn Jillette.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:59 am

Pappa wrote:
Seth wrote:
Pappa wrote:I sent Shermer an email a few days ago, urging him to sue PZ to within an inch of his life. :hehe:
Wouldn't it just be exquisite irony if Shermer ends up owning PZ's blog?
I doubt that would happen, but it would be funny, especially if he spammed it with YouTube vids of PZ being a dick and his various faux pas.
Is a blog the kind of property to which monetary value can be attributed? Why would Sherm demand ownership of that?
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:45 am

Svartalf wrote:
Pappa wrote:
Seth wrote:
Pappa wrote:I sent Shermer an email a few days ago, urging him to sue PZ to within an inch of his life. :hehe:
Wouldn't it just be exquisite irony if Shermer ends up owning PZ's blog?
I doubt that would happen, but it would be funny, especially if he spammed it with YouTube vids of PZ being a dick and his various faux pas.
Is a blog the kind of property to which monetary value can be attributed? Why would Sherm demand ownership of that?
If PZ can't pay the civil judgment, Shermer can attach the blog, which I believe generates income. He could also make transfer of the blog a condition of settlement.
"Seth is Grandmaster Zen Troll who trains his victims to troll themselves every time they think of him" Robert_S

"All that is required for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Those who support denying anyone the right to keep and bear arms for personal defense are fully complicit in every crime that might have been prevented had the victim been effectively armed." Seth

© 2013/2014/2015/2016 Seth, all rights reserved. No reuse, republication, duplication, or derivative work is authorized.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:36 am

Would the blog remain a source of revenue if transferred? People go there to read Peezy's tripe, and I doubt a court order or settlement could fore him to remain an effective blogger if the money goes to sherm.
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Cormac

Post by Cormac » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:08 am

Svartalf wrote:Would the blog remain a source of revenue if transferred? People go there to read Peezy's tripe, and I doubt a court order or settlement could fore him to remain an effective blogger if the money goes to sherm.

I doubt if it is a huge amount of revenue anyway, but every penny generated since he posted the allegations can be transferee to Shermer by the court, as if the allegations are found to be defamatory, Myers will not be allowed to profit from it.

There's a good argument that neither will the blog site.
FUCKERPUNKERSHIT!

Wanna buy some pegs Dave, I've got some pegs here...
You're my wife now!

HomerJay

Post by HomerJay » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:55 am

I thought it was somewhat ironic that the ads were for Chinese bints.

PZ pimping third world brides seemed a bit out of sorts.

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:14 am

HomerJay wrote:I thought it was somewhat ironic that the ads were for Chinese bints.

Oh, and I checked a few minutes ago to see if Pustulous Zit Myers had complied with the C&D demand yet. (He hasn't.) The ad in the top left corner said something like this: Why men leave women: 10 fatal mistakes that women make.

Pissy's refusal to take down the post in question is curious. Either he is confident that for some reason or another Shermer will not go through with an actual confrontation in court, or he is in self-destruct mode.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Robert_S
Cookie Monster
About me: Too young to die of boredom, too old to grow up.

Post by Robert_S » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:23 am

Hermit wrote:
HomerJay wrote:I thought it was somewhat ironic that the ads were for Chinese bints.

Oh, and I checked a few minutes ago to see if Pustulous Zit Myers had complied with the C&D demand yet. (He hasn't.) The ad in the top left corner said something like this: Why men leave women: 10 fatal mistakes that women make.

Pissy's refusal to take down the post in question is curious. Either he is confident that for some reason or another Shermer will not go through with an actual confrontation in court, or he is in self-destruct mode.
I said before, there has to be something more.
What I've found with a few discussions I've had lately is this self-satisfaction that people express with their proffessed open mindedness. In realty it ammounts to wilful ignorance and intellectual cowardice as they are choosing to not form any sort of opinion on a particular topic. Basically "I don't know and I'm not going to look at any evidence because I'm quite happy on this fence."
-Mr P

The Net is best considered analogous to communication with disincarnate intelligences. As any neophyte would tell you. Do not invoke that which you have no facility to banish.
Audley Strange

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:32 am

Yeah, he must be confident it is all true and Shermer won't pursue it too hard.
Last edited by pErvinalia on Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Robert_S
Cookie Monster

Post by Robert_S » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:34 am

rEvolutionist wrote:Yeah, he must be confident it is all true, and Shermer won't pursue it too hard.
No love for him, but I'm wary of underestimating him right now.
What I've found with a few discussions I've had lately is this self-satisfaction that people express with their proffessed open mindedness. In realty it ammounts to wilful ignorance and intellectual cowardice as they are choosing to not form any sort of opinion on a particular topic. Basically "I don't know and I'm not going to look at any evidence because I'm quite happy on this fence."
-Mr P

The Net is best considered analogous to communication with disincarnate intelligences. As any neophyte would tell you. Do not invoke that which you have no facility to banish.
Audley Strange

Cormac

Post by Cormac » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:38 am

Robert_S wrote:
Hermit wrote:

I said before, there has to be something more.
Why?

PZ has demonstrated himself to be fairly unstable and highly ego-driven over the last few years. He is certainly irrational. If his allegations are false, it would not be an unusual development, given how he has behaved over the last few years.
FUCKERPUNKERSHIT!

You're my wife now!

Robert_S
Cookie Monster

Post by Robert_S » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:47 am

Just a gut feeling that there's something.

Maybe not more sound, but something should at least seem like a more sound ground for him to stand on.
-Mr P

Audley Strange

Cormac

Post by Cormac » Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:19 am

Robert_S wrote:Just a gut feeling that there's something.

Maybe not more sound, but something should at least seem like a more sound ground for him to stand on.
I still doubt it, on the basis that a person is innocent until proven guilty, but also because of the way he changed his story.

I think he has completely lost the run of himself.

...and I don't think that mental instability will work as a defence to this.
FUCKERPUNKERSHIT!

You're my wife now!

Robert_S
Cookie Monster

Post by Robert_S » Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:28 am

Cormac wrote:

I still doubt it, on the basis that a person is innocent until proven guilty, but also because of the way he changed his story.

I'm not commenting on Shermer's guilt or innocence. I'm talking about the degree to which PZ has lost the plot.
-Mr P

Audley Strange

Cormac

Post by Cormac » Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:50 pm

Robert_S wrote:
Cormac wrote:

I'm not commenting on Shermer's guilt or innocence. I'm talking about the degree to which PZ has lost the plot.

Oh. I misunderstood.

Will you clarify your point for me? I've obviously misconstrued what you said, and am now confused.
FUCKERPUNKERSHIT!

You're my wife now!