PZ accuses Shermer of rape.

Holy Crap!
DaveDodo007
About me: When ever I behave as a man I am called sexist, It seems being a male is now illegal and nobody sent me the memo. Good job as I would have told them to fuck off.

Re: PZ accuses Shermer of rape.

Post by DaveDodo007 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:08 pm

I don't know about anybody else but am finding it hard to be an atheist at the moment. Surely there has to be a god of mischief or some lords of the lulz out there. At the very least there must be a saint of popcorn sellers. The whole 'those that the gods want to destroy they first send mad' is happening on the Internet. I'm just not sure if it is Bachaus(sp) or Loki, I'm just off to sacrifice some goats just to be on the safe side. :pop:
We should be MOST skeptical of ideas we like because we are sufficiently skeptical of ideas that we don't like. Penn Jillette.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:22 pm

Don't sacrifice goats to Loki, they are Thor's animal and Laufey's son might do mischief on you, or just send trolls to target you.
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:37 pm

Azathoth wrote: That is what he should have done as a reasonable human being. To generate page views and book sales he should have gone about things exactly how he has.
Which is egregiously stupid, as he may end up giving all the book sales and ad income, along with a great deal else, to Shermer in the end.
"Seth is Grandmaster Zen Troll who trains his victims to troll themselves every time they think of him" Robert_S

"All that is required for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Those who support denying anyone the right to keep and bear arms for personal defense are fully complicit in every crime that might have been prevented had the victim been effectively armed." Seth

© 2013/2014/2015/2016 Seth, all rights reserved. No reuse, republication, duplication, or derivative work is authorized.

Pappa
Non-Practicing Anarchist
Non-Practicing Anarchist
About me: I am sacrificing a turnip as I type.

Post by Pappa » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:59 pm

Seth wrote:
Azathoth wrote: That is what he should have done as a reasonable human being. To generate page views and book sales he should have gone about things exactly how he has.
Which is egregiously stupid, as he may end up giving all the book sales and ad income, along with a great deal else, to Shermer in the end.
Fingers crossed. :teef:
For information on ways to help support Rationalia financially, see our funding page.

When the aliens do come, everything we once thought was cool will then make us ashamed.

Robert_S
Cookie Monster
About me: Too young to die of boredom, too old to grow up.

Post by Robert_S » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:00 pm

Seth wrote:
It's beyond the stupid I thought PZ was capable of.

Maybe he's not greedy for money as much as Good Guy Points?
What I've found with a few discussions I've had lately is this self-satisfaction that people express with their proffessed open mindedness. In realty it ammounts to wilful ignorance and intellectual cowardice as they are choosing to not form any sort of opinion on a particular topic. Basically "I don't know and I'm not going to look at any evidence because I'm quite happy on this fence."
-Mr P

The Net is best considered analogous to communication with disincarnate intelligences. As any neophyte would tell you. Do not invoke that which you have no facility to banish.
Audley Strange

Pappa
Non-Practicing Anarchist
Non-Practicing Anarchist

Post by Pappa » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:04 pm

Robert_S wrote:
Seth wrote:

He's been the ultimate creepy white knight for a while.
For information on ways to help support Rationalia financially, see our funding page.

When the aliens do come, everything we once thought was cool will then make us ashamed.

DaveDodo007
About me: When ever I behave as a man I am called sexist, It seems being a male is now illegal and nobody sent me the memo. Good job as I would have told them to fuck off.

Post by DaveDodo007 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:13 pm

Pappa wrote:
Robert_S wrote:
Seth wrote:

He's been the ultimate creepy white knight for a while.
I have always thought the white knight manginas were creepy rapy types who were projecting their misogyny on the rest of the male population. I have no evidence to back this up but now hearsay is evidence am just putting it out there. :prof:
We should be MOST skeptical of ideas we like because we are sufficiently skeptical of ideas that we don't like. Penn Jillette.

Jason
Destroyer of words

Post by Jason » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:21 pm

I was really hoping he'd finally be discredited as the charlatan he is (regardless of the truth of the accusations, the manner in which he proceeded is criminal). His idiot followers post crap about 'webs of trust' and other shit rationalizing their belief in a claim unsubstantiated by evidence in something so serious as an accusation of rape. They're rationalists how? Believing things without evidence sounds an awful lot like religious non-thinking to me. The lot of them are drunk on their own wine and like an unsightly malignant growth, they need to be excised.

I really dislike PZ Meyers, but he's a fraud and his cult of personality is sickening to anyone with a modicum of intellectual integrity.

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:26 pm

Făkünamę wrote:I was really hoping he'd finally be discredited as the charlatan he is (regardless of the truth of the accusations, the manner in which he proceeded is criminal). His idiot followers post crap about 'webs of trust' and other shit rationalizing their belief in a claim unsubstantiated by evidence in something so serious as an accusation of rape. They're rationalists how? Believing things without evidence sounds an awful lot like religious non-thinking to me. The lot of them are drunk on their own wine and like an unsightly malignant growth, they need to be excised.

I really dislike PZ Meyers, but he's a fraud and his cult of personality is sickening to anyone with a modicum of intellectual integrity.
Sounds like a religion to me...
"Seth is Grandmaster Zen Troll who trains his victims to troll themselves every time they think of him" Robert_S

"All that is required for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Those who support denying anyone the right to keep and bear arms for personal defense are fully complicit in every crime that might have been prevented had the victim been effectively armed." Seth

© 2013/2014/2015/2016 Seth, all rights reserved. No reuse, republication, duplication, or derivative work is authorized.

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:59 pm

DaveDodo007 wrote: I have no evidence to back this up but now hearsay is evidence am just putting it out there. :prof:
Some other dude said something like that, can't remember who or when or exactly what, but that certainly proves it.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Bella Fortuna
Sister Golden Hair
About me: Being your slave, what should I do but tend
Upon the hours and times of your desire?
I have no precious time at all to spend,
Nor services to do, till you require.

Post by Bella Fortuna » Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:08 pm

laklak wrote:
DaveDodo007 wrote: I have no evidence to back this up but now hearsay is evidence am just putting it out there. :prof:
Some other dude said something like that, can't remember who or when or exactly what, but that certainly proves it.
KILL EVERYONE!!!1!! :mob:
Sent from my Bollocksberry using Crapatalk.
Food, cooking, and disreputable nonsense: http://miscreantsdiner.blogspot.com/

JacksSmirkingRevenge
Grand Wazoo
About me: Half man - half yak.

Post by JacksSmirkingRevenge » Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:45 pm

I'm a little disappointed that he hasn't dropped by to see what we've been saying about him.
No doubt his spies have had a look and reported back.
:relax:
Sent from my Interositor using Twatatalk.

Pappa
Non-Practicing Anarchist
Non-Practicing Anarchist

Post by Pappa » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:03 am

JacksSmirkingRevenge wrote:I'm a little disappointed that he hasn't dropped by to see what we've been saying about him.
No doubt his spies have had a look and reported back.
:relax:
I don't think any of them care. We're just some backwater and a minor blip in their history.

Jason
Destroyer of words

Post by Jason » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:05 am

This thread is #7 on the first page of google search results for "Shermer Rape" :dance:

ETA: I'm very disappointed in the response from Shermer thus far. I don't know what he's up to, but he needs to address this. A limp letter from his lawyers isn't going to cut it.
Last edited by Jason on Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

DaveD

Post by DaveD » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:32 am

I see Myers has closed the comments on the thread with the accusations. Unsurprisingly, he's done so with his customary lack of grace: