PZ accuses Shermer of rape.

Holy Crap!
Daedalus

Re: PZ accuses Shermer of rape.

Post by Daedalus » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:04 am

Audley Strange wrote:Thanks Daedalus. The blog itself is just some of my nonsense, short stories, different parts of my persona, thoughts on games and the like, it's more like my personal gym than anything for the public.

I'm actually quite reticent to self promote here (I find it a bit cheap to do so) but I'm not shy so... http://strange-communications.blogspot.co.uk/

Don't expect much, but I hope it makes you chuckle occasionally.

Thanks Audley, I like your writing style and look forward to perusing your blog.
"A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence." (David Hume)
"The map is not the territory." (Alfred Korzybski)
"Atque in perpetuum frater, ave atque vale." (Catullus)
“You’re in the desert, you see a tortoise lying on its back, struggling, and you’re not helping — why is that?” (Bladerunner)

Audley Strange
"I blame the victim"

Post by Audley Strange » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:07 am

No, thank you.

And thank you too Seth.
"What started as a legitimate effort by the townspeople of Salem to identify, capture and kill those who did Satan's bidding quickly deteriorated into a witch hunt" Army Man

Robert_S
Cookie Monster
About me: Too young to die of boredom, too old to grow up.

Post by Robert_S » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:44 am

Daedalus wrote:
Audley Strange wrote:Thanks Daedalus. The blog itself is just some of my nonsense, short stories, different parts of my persona, thoughts on games and the like, it's more like my personal gym than anything for the public.

I'm actually quite reticent to self promote here (I find it a bit cheap to do so) but I'm not shy so... http://strange-communications.blogspot.co.uk/

Don't expect much, but I hope it makes you chuckle occasionally.

Thanks Audley, I like your writing style and look forward to perusing your blog.
Nice blog so far!

No comments section? :sadcheer:
What I've found with a few discussions I've had lately is this self-satisfaction that people express with their proffessed open mindedness. In realty it ammounts to wilful ignorance and intellectual cowardice as they are choosing to not form any sort of opinion on a particular topic. Basically "I don't know and I'm not going to look at any evidence because I'm quite happy on this fence."
-Mr P

The Net is best considered analogous to communication with disincarnate intelligences. As any neophyte would tell you. Do not invoke that which you have no facility to banish.
Audley Strange

Audley Strange
"I blame the victim"

Post by Audley Strange » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:00 am

Thanks Robert. It's not public, so there was no real point. I consider it my own little toilet linked into the psychic sewer we call the world wide web. Who wants people commenting on their shits? Especially the crazies on the web. Really it was just a place to get some transient ponderings down and to hone my satire and style. Plus I love games. If I was ever serious about blogging, I would of course take more care and have open comments.
"What started as a legitimate effort by the townspeople of Salem to identify, capture and kill those who did Satan's bidding quickly deteriorated into a witch hunt" Army Man

Robert_S
Cookie Monster

Post by Robert_S » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:08 am

Audley Strange wrote:Thanks Robert. It's not public, so there was no real point. I consider it my own little toilet linked into the psychic sewer we call the world wide web. Who wants people commenting on their shits? Especially the crazies on the web. Really it was just a place to get some transient ponderings down and to hone my satire and style. Plus I love games. If I was ever serious about blogging, I would of course take more care and have open comments.
To the "Sheeple" post, I was going to use a quote I heard somewhere: "We're all robots. I just happen to be a robot that's programmed to run around and say 'Wake up! You're all robots!!!'"
What I've found with a few discussions I've had lately is this self-satisfaction that people express with their proffessed open mindedness. In realty it ammounts to wilful ignorance and intellectual cowardice as they are choosing to not form any sort of opinion on a particular topic. Basically "I don't know and I'm not going to look at any evidence because I'm quite happy on this fence."
-Mr P

The Net is best considered analogous to communication with disincarnate intelligences. As any neophyte would tell you. Do not invoke that which you have no facility to banish.
Audley Strange

Scott1328

Post by Scott1328 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:08 am

PZ has taken down the above link down, and replaced it with http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... d-for-now/

The letter from Shermer's lawyer can still be found here (for now)
http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... letter.pdf

Audley Strange
"I blame the victim"

Post by Audley Strange » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:14 am

Robert_S wrote:
Audley Strange wrote:Thanks Robert. It's not public, so there was no real point. I consider it my own little toilet linked into the psychic sewer we call the world wide web. Who wants people commenting on their shits? Especially the crazies on the web. Really it was just a place to get some transient ponderings down and to hone my satire and style. Plus I love games. If I was ever serious about blogging, I would of course take more care and have open comments.
To the "Sheeple" post, I was going to use a quote I heard somewhere: "We're all robots. I just happen to be a robot that's programmed to run around and say 'Wake up! You're all robots!!!'"
Heh, that's like one of the few good lines in Futurama. "I choose to believe what I was programmed to believe!"

Robert_S
Cookie Monster

Post by Robert_S » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:15 am

Audley Strange wrote:
Robert_S wrote:
Heh, that's like one of the few good lines in Futurama. "I choose to believe what I was programmed to believe!"
:hehe:
-Mr P

Audley Strange

Bella Fortuna
Sister Golden Hair
About me: Being your slave, what should I do but tend
Upon the hours and times of your desire?
I have no precious time at all to spend,
Nor services to do, till you require.

Post by Bella Fortuna » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:14 am

Robert_S wrote:
Audley Strange wrote:
Robert_S wrote:
:hehe:
:lol:
Sent from my Bollocksberry using Crapatalk.
Food, cooking, and disreputable nonsense: http://miscreantsdiner.blogspot.com/

Daedalus

Post by Daedalus » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:20 am

Audley Strange wrote:
Robert_S wrote:
:hilarious:

One of the great bit characters in all of Futurama...

Edit: Speaking of Futurama... http://money.cnn.com/2013/08/12/news/ec ... ?hpt=hp_t1
"A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence." (David Hume)
"The map is not the territory." (Alfred Korzybski)
"Atque in perpetuum frater, ave atque vale." (Catullus)
“You’re in the desert, you see a tortoise lying on its back, struggling, and you’re not helping — why is that?” (Bladerunner)

Robert_S
Cookie Monster

Post by Robert_S » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:24 am

Anyway, I have trouble with the word "Coerced" if the woman accusing Shermer of rape was subject to the same MO as the third woman, who got drunker than intended.

I think "manipulated" seems a more accurate description. Maybe there's a better way to put it though? :ask:
-Mr P

Audley Strange

Cormac

Post by Cormac » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:51 am

Thinking Aloud wrote:
... this does not profit me in the slightest and is more likely to have a long term cost to me ...
... he suddenly realised. Neat way to garner sympathy from supporters for being stupid in the first place.

The bit in bold seems to be a lie to me. He profits directly through increased visits precipitated by the latest controversy he has manufactured. He profits indirectly through increased sales of any potential or historical publications.

What he may only have just realised is that he stands to LOSE all those profits and much more besides through his own actions.
FUCKERPUNKERSHIT!

Wanna buy some pegs Dave, I've got some pegs here...
You're my wife now!

Cormac

Post by Cormac » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:57 am

How stupid is Myers?

By posting a completely interacted version of that letter from Shermer's lawyer, with all contact details visible, he has invited his weird followers to harass them. If that happens, he has exposed himself again to substantial potential damages.

(What is the potential loss to a lawfirm that cannot answer its phones for a few days? Oooh, that is very big money, very quickly).
FUCKERPUNKERSHIT!

Wanna buy some pegs Dave, I've got some pegs here...
You're my wife now!

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:21 am

Robert_S wrote:Anyway, I have trouble with the word "Coerced" if the woman accusing Shermer of rape was subject to the same MO as the third woman, who got drunker than intended.

I think "manipulated" seems a more accurate description. Maybe there's a better way to put it though? :ask:
Unless she was drugged or had her drink spiked, then she has to be responsible for her own drinking. That of course doesn't mean that if she gets so plastered she can't coherently and/or legally give consent, that she's responsible for getting raped. But just as a general observation on terminology and concepts, we are all manipulated by each other all the time. Trying to pick up someone at the pub for consensual sex is manipulation as well. The only issue here, in terms of legality, is whether a law was broken. That he might be a sleazy pig, is not a crime. That the woman in the most recent example was married is not indicative that he is a rapist. Sleeping (or wanting to sleep) with a married women doesn't make one a rapist.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:33 am

Bella Fortuna wrote:
rachelbean wrote:Seriously? He kept refilling her wine glass (which she kept emptying) and flirted with her (while she laughed, which would seem like encouragement to most people). I am completely confused about what he was supposed to have done wrong. Take some fucking responsibility for your own actions :nono:
This.
I'll remember it if we meet :naughty: ;)
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping