New? Introduce yourself here.
Mick

Re: Hi, I'm Mick

Post by Mick » Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:06 pm

No u.

Beatsong

Post by Beatsong » Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:39 pm

Mick wrote:I don't think I was an asshole. I just didn't join hands with you guys and cry along.

I outright said that bullying is wrong, that bullying itself does not build virtue, and that the blame belongs to the bully, etc. I approached that thread with a sort of Vulcan objectivity, and it was misinterpreted as callus apologetics for bullying.

I don't know if the admission of my bully behavior as a kid prompted the ridiculous treatment I received in that thread or not, but the herd was overly zealous in their depiction of me as some sort of a jerk. Indeed, there was a blatant insistence that whatever I said, I was a jerk.
The complaints about it were a fucking moronic, illiterate group wank of the lowest order. I read 914's feedback thread about it, then looked at the original thread. I ended up reading the whole thing because I was trying to find the point where you did and said the things you were supposed to have done and said. I'm still trying to find them.

It's fucking pathetic. So you have a different perspective from them about bullying. Big fucking deal. They could at least read what you actually fucking write and engage with it for what it is rather than reading their own fucking whiny PC prejudices into everything.

And now I'm saying "fucking" a lot. See what they've done?!

That 914 makes me ashamed to be a left wing liberal. He comes over all superior because he thinks he's taking the moral highroad, but he does so based on illiterate incomprehension of any kind of nuance, and moronic appeal to worthy-sounding soundbites.

MrJonno

Post by MrJonno » Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:45 pm

Just want to say Mick I fully support your right to be religious and full of shit. You shouldn't have been banned
When only criminals carry guns the police know exactly who to shoot!

Mick

Post by Mick » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:32 pm

I think that I prefer something like what beatsong said, mr. Jonno-mean-o.

FBM
Ratz' first Gritizen.
About me: Skeptic. "Because it does not contend
It is therefore beyond reproach"

Post by FBM » Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:51 pm

I, for one, don't care what you believe, as long as you're harmless.
"A philosopher is a blind man in a dark room looking for a black cat that isn't there. A theologian is the man who finds it." ~ H. L. Mencken

"We ain't a sharp species. We kill each other over arguments about what happens when you die, then fail to see the fucking irony in that."

"It is useless for the sheep to pass resolutions in favor of vegetarianism while the wolf remains of a different opinion."

Mick

Post by Mick » Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:27 pm

I once had a 265 bench. :0

Not now though. Now, I'd be crushed. I'm a rather lean, thin fellow, just a few lbs shy of 200 and 6 foot 4.

FBM
Ratz' first Gritizen.

Post by FBM » Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:10 am

Mick wrote:I once had a 265 bench. :0

Not now though. Now, I'd be crushed. I'm a rather lean, thin fellow, just a few lbs shy of 200 and 6 foot 4.
I don't remember my max bench from my younger days, but I haven't thinned down too much. I'm about your weight on a 5'11" frame. I am harmless, though, except for self-defense. It's a matter of attitude, rather than size or strength. :levi:
"A philosopher is a blind man in a dark room looking for a black cat that isn't there. A theologian is the man who finds it." ~ H. L. Mencken

"We ain't a sharp species. We kill each other over arguments about what happens when you die, then fail to see the fucking irony in that."

"It is useless for the sheep to pass resolutions in favor of vegetarianism while the wolf remains of a different opinion."

Mick

Post by Mick » Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:42 am

I could totally take you.

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:49 am

Oh! Pissing contest coming up. Great! :sarcend:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

FBM
Ratz' first Gritizen.

Post by FBM » Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:50 am

Did I mention the 3rd degree black belt in Hapkido? :hehe:

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:59 am

Hey, wait for the bell, fellers.

We need a referee. Any volunteers?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:01 am

I'm up for a gin skolling competition!
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

LucidFlight
About me: I enjoy transcending space-time.

Post by LucidFlight » Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:20 am

They say I killed six or seven men for snoring. Well, it ain't true. I only killed one man for snoring.
Sent from my eyeballs using — that's not how this works; that's not how any of this works.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:36 am

I'll take you all at keyboard warrioring!!
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:22 am

Beatsong wrote:Hi Mick. I don't know if you've followed by I've been kicking up shit about your banning there.

I still think your religion sucks though. :tup:
Ditto.

Was not happy about it.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.