Hi, I'm Mick

New? Introduce yourself here.
Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Re: Hi, I'm Mick

Post by Seth » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:32 am

Mick wrote:I like Catholicism and red balloons. I'm a bit of a social gadfly, but don't take that personally.
Welcome, Mick. I enjoyed your colloquy over at the Other Place, and I'm entirely unsurprised that those fuckwits booted you.

We should have some fun needling the asshats here don't you think?
"Seth is Grandmaster Zen Troll who trains his victims to troll themselves every time they think of him" Robert_S

"All that is required for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Those who support denying anyone the right to keep and bear arms for personal defense are fully complicit in every crime that might have been prevented had the victim been effectively armed." Seth

© 2013/2014/2015/2016 Seth, all rights reserved. No reuse, republication, duplication, or derivative work is authorized.

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:33 am

FBM wrote:
Seth wrote:
FBM wrote:As a mod, I can tell you that it's all about context. We don't have a rigid system here because some rule violations are worse than others and need to be dealt with accordingly.

And yes, rEv, religiosity is magical thinking, a characteristic of adolescence.
:tut:
Thanks for admitting you're a mental adolescent, you Atheist dupe you! :tut:
By all means, try to find some religiosity in my position wrt religion(s). :coffee:
Your beliefs about religiosity are positively religious.... :biggrin:
"Seth is Grandmaster Zen Troll who trains his victims to troll themselves every time they think of him" Robert_S

"All that is required for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Those who support denying anyone the right to keep and bear arms for personal defense are fully complicit in every crime that might have been prevented had the victim been effectively armed." Seth

© 2013/2014/2015/2016 Seth, all rights reserved. No reuse, republication, duplication, or derivative work is authorized.

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:39 am

Xamonas Chegwé wrote:You won't get banned for being a catlick here. but you may get sick of... awkward questions. :tea:

Welcome anyway. And do tell how you manage to reconcile such a sustained history of child-abuse and covering up child-abuse with the professed doctrines of teh catlick church... for starters. :biggrin:
It's easy. There are one billion Catholics and some 400,000 Catholic priests, of which some 4000 have been provably accused of molesting children and a few Bishops who have covered up for them all of which are criminal acts.

They hardly represent the Catholic church, its teachings or its practices. You want to bitch about protected and covered up child molestation, have a look at your local schoolteachers, who are thousands of times more likely to be molesting children, and their union representatives and supervisors who move them around so they don't have to fire them.

FBM
Ratz' first Gritizen.
About me: Skeptic. "Because it does not contend
It is therefore beyond reproach"

Post by FBM » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:39 am

Seth wrote:
FBM wrote:
Seth wrote:
FBM wrote:As a mod, I can tell you that it's all about context. We don't have a rigid system here because some rule violations are worse than others and need to be dealt with accordingly.

And yes, rEv, religiosity is magical thinking, a characteristic of adolescence.
:tut:
Thanks for admitting you're a mental adolescent, you Atheist dupe you! :tut:
By all means, try to find some religiosity in my position wrt religion(s). :coffee:
Your beliefs about religiosity are positively religious.... :biggrin:
What beliefs do I have? :tea:
"A philosopher is a blind man in a dark room looking for a black cat that isn't there. A theologian is the man who finds it." ~ H. L. Mencken

"We ain't a sharp species. We kill each other over arguments about what happens when you die, then fail to see the fucking irony in that."

"It is useless for the sheep to pass resolutions in favor of vegetarianism while the wolf remains of a different opinion."

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:41 am

Mick wrote:
laklak wrote:For what it's worth, Mick, I thought the ban was ridiculous.
Thanks. You should tell them that, if you haven't already.

Does anyone have an understanding concerning the specifics of my ban--why they did it? Prima facie, it looks like I just offended the sensibilities of favoured members.
Correct, and you'll never get a valid reason, they just make shit up.

Mick

Post by Mick » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:42 am

rEvolutionist wrote:
Mick wrote:
FBM wrote:A single person can have well-developed knowledge and skills in one area, and yet still be underdeveloped in others. Einstein's personal life left quite a bit to be desired wrt his romantic relationships, for example. Wrt religion, many people get stuck at the magical thinking stage because they're raised in an environment in which others encourage it.
A single person can have well-developed knowledge and skills in one area, and yet still be underdeveloped in others. Einstein's personal life left quite a bit to be desired wrt his romantic relationships, for example. Wrt secularism or atheism, many people get stuck at the magical thinking stage because they're raised in an environment in which others encourage it.

All I did was change the referent. It is the same, content free, question begging blather. :bored:
It's not, though, as his is backed up by reasoning and evidence. Your statement is clearly ridiculous.
Oh? Where is the reasoning and evidence? It hasn't been presented here.

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:42 am

Xamonas Chegwé wrote:
Mick wrote:
Xamonas Chegwé wrote:You won't get banned for being a catlick here. but you may get sick of... awkward questions. :tea:

Welcome anyway. And do tell how you manage to reconcile such a sustained history of child-abuse and covering up child-abuse with the professed doctrines of teh catlick church... for starters. :biggrin:
Why say "catlick"?

What's to reconcile? If there is one such sustenance, then it is anti-Catholic and immoral.
It's just how the Irish pronounce catholic - nothing more than that.
Yeah, right. Pull the other one...

FBM
Ratz' first Gritizen.
About me: Skeptic. "Because it does not contend
It is therefore beyond reproach"

Post by FBM » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:43 am

Mick wrote:
rEvolutionist wrote:
Mick wrote:
FBM wrote:A single person can have well-developed knowledge and skills in one area, and yet still be underdeveloped in others. Einstein's personal life left quite a bit to be desired wrt his romantic relationships, for example. Wrt religion, many people get stuck at the magical thinking stage because they're raised in an environment in which others encourage it.
A single person can have well-developed knowledge and skills in one area, and yet still be underdeveloped in others. Einstein's personal life left quite a bit to be desired wrt his romantic relationships, for example. Wrt secularism or atheism, many people get stuck at the magical thinking stage because they're raised in an environment in which others encourage it.

All I did was change the referent. It is the same, content free, question begging blather. :bored:
It's not, though, as his is backed up by reasoning and evidence. Your statement is clearly ridiculous.
Want me to cite sources as to how screwed up Einstein's personal life was?
"A philosopher is a blind man in a dark room looking for a black cat that isn't there. A theologian is the man who finds it." ~ H. L. Mencken

"We ain't a sharp species. We kill each other over arguments about what happens when you die, then fail to see the fucking irony in that."

"It is useless for the sheep to pass resolutions in favor of vegetarianism while the wolf remains of a different opinion."

Mick

Post by Mick » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:45 am

rEvolutionist wrote:
Mick wrote:
rEvolutionist wrote:So is non-sequitur'ing... ;)
Tell me: Just what would falsify your position? I can point to stellar, Catholic minds, but you will just shrug that off with your earlier post. So, what exactly do you want from me here?
Evidence.
Give me an example. I could point to a hundred, stellar Catholic minds, but you'd shrug and say that they were compartmentalizing or whatever. So, what will do it? Be specific.

Mick

Post by Mick » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:46 am

FBM wrote:
Mick wrote:
rEvolutionist wrote:
Mick wrote:

Want me to cite sources as to how screwed up Einstein's personal life was?

No, since that was never the proposition I took issue with. Don't act dense. You know exactly what needs to be evidenced.

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:47 am

Xamonas Chegwé wrote: Don't you find it odd that there is no mention whatsoever of it being wrong to fuck babies? I sort of do. I am not a big fan of stoning disobedient kids to death either, or forcing rape victims to marry their rapists. But the bible says it's good for us, so... :tea:
You need to read the New Testament sometime. Besides, I suspect it was a moral given that you don't fuck babies even back then.

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:49 am

LucidFlight wrote:Hi, Mick!

jamest has be furiously running polls across at RatSkep to gather as much scientific... I mean, objective data as possible to support the case for an appeal against your banning. Unfortunately, the first two attempts have been thwarted somewhat, so we might be looking at a third poll to gauge whether or not members thought the decision to ban you was correct.

Anyway, just thought you'd like to know.

Welcome to Ratz! :td:
Add me to the poll whydoncha?

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:51 am

rEvolutionist wrote:
Who cares what the bible says? The fact is that catlicks have a propensity for fucking kids and covering it up, while at the same time moralising to the rest of us about idiotic things.
Liar.

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:52 am

Horwood Beer-Master wrote:Skirting-around within the letter of the law whilst pissing all-over the spirit of the law is trolling.

You're a troll Mick; and also an utter cunt.

Fuck off.
No, YOU fuck off, you troll.

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:55 am

Horwood Beer-Master wrote:A troll with a wrongly inflated sense of self-importance and self-justification is still a troll.
An idiot with the IQ of a newt who can't rhetoric himself out of a wet paper bag is still and idiot.