Hi, I'm Mick

New? Introduce yourself here.
Mick

Re: Hi, I'm Mick

Post by Mick » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:04 pm

laklak wrote:For what it's worth, Mick, I thought the ban was ridiculous.
Thanks. You should tell them that, if you haven't already.

Does anyone have an understanding concerning the specifics of my ban--why they did it? Prima facie, it looks like I just offended the sensibilities of favoured members.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:07 pm

They are a bit thin skinned over there, I gather...

We're happy to have anyone, even people who are trapped in a delusional state...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Xamonas Chegwé
Bouncer
Bouncer
About me: I have prehensile eyebrows.
I speak 9 languages fluently, one of which other people can also speak.
When backed into a corner, I fit perfectly - having a right-angled arse.

Post by Xamonas Chegwé » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:25 pm

Mick wrote:The Bible doesn't say this or that. The Bible is a collection of ancient documents. Which ancient document within the Bible are you referring?
Well I've read all of it twice and large parts of it many more times. But nowhere within it is there a prohibition on sex with children. Quite an omission, don't you think? Unless, as I suspect from your last post, you don't hold it to be the pure and unalloyed received word of god that many of your doctrine profess?

So, if it is nothing more than a collection of ancient tales, I must ask why you claim to be a catholic? And, more to the point, how you decide which parts, among those ancient tales, have relevance to you?

(Please understand that I am quite happy to discontinue the cross-examination if you prefer. It is just that, announcing yourself in your introductory post as a catholic, I supposed that you were here to debate religious topics. If I was wrong about that, please feel free to discuss beer, cheese, tits and wanking with the rest of us. (And guns, there are a few that like talking about guns here too - but they have their own little corner which I rarely visit. :tea: ))
A book is a version of the world. If you do not like it, ignore it; or offer your own version in return.
Salman Rushdie
You talk to God, you're religious. God talks to you, you're psychotic.
House MD
Who needs a meaning anyway, I'd settle anyday for a very fine view.
Sandy Denny
This is the wrong forum for bluffing :nono:
Paco
Yes, yes. But first I need to show you this venomous fish!
Calilasseia
I think we should do whatever Pawiz wants.
Twoflower
Bella squats momentarily then waddles on still peeing, like a horse
Millefleur

Xamonas Chegwé
Bouncer
Bouncer

Post by Xamonas Chegwé » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:30 pm

PS. I rarely visit RatSkep - but I am sorry you got banned from there. They seem to have quite a habit for doing that. Please make yourself at home here. And don't forget that the chance of not being banned here is directly proportional to the size of the cheese offering made to our Gestapo-like staff. Feel free to leave such gifts with me for... assessment and distribution. :cheese:
A book is a version of the world. If you do not like it, ignore it; or offer your own version in return.
Salman Rushdie
House MD
Sandy Denny
Paco
Calilasseia
Twoflower
Millefleur

HomerJay

Post by HomerJay » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:31 pm

You were unlucky there Mick, the bullying thread was just full of cack and wailing but it was a chance for people to write wrongs, Revenge of the Nerds V (This time it's really, really personal).

But hackenslash had to go, unless a sacrifice could be made and you were kebab.

Take a breath and ask yourself WWJD? What Would Justin Do?

Be a Belieber and have a wank.

Beatsong

Post by Beatsong » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:57 pm

Mick wrote:Does anyone have an understanding concerning the specifics of my ban--why they did it? Prima facie, it looks like I just offended the sensibilities of favoured members.
"Trolling".

Apparently pretty much all you posted recently was motivated by nothing more than a desire to inflame people. They know that because they have a nanobot implanted in your brain.

Little tip: Next time you want to inflame people, kerosine and a cigarette lighter works well.

Mick

Post by Mick » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:42 am

How would they know my intent? Heck, they couldn't even properly convey my ideas, let alone my intent. Baffling.

In a forum designed for "open" dialogue, they need to allow for dissenting opinion, especially the opinions that offends the popular sensibility. Otherwise, it is just backslapping and trivial disagreement.

They should modify the FUA to include this:

If hackenslash or a popular member creates an ultimatum, we will ban you and call you a troll.

Mick

Post by Mick » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:46 am

HomerJay wrote:You were unlucky there Mick, the bullying thread was just full of cack and wailing but it was a chance for people to write wrongs, Revenge of the Nerds V (This time it's really, really personal).

But hackenslash had to go, unless a sacrifice could be made and you were kebab.

Take a breath and ask yourself WWJD? What Would Justin Do?

Be a Belieber and have a wank.

Revenge of the Nerds. Wow. I lol'ed.

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:50 am

Mick wrote:

If hackenslash or a popular member creates an ultimatum, we will ban you and call you a troll.
Are you implying that "hackenslash" and "popular member" are mutually exclusive entities?

:hehe:

PS - when I was growing up in Oz (as a very non-religious protestant), "Mick" was the somewhat derogatory term used for catholics. For example, my Dad (not a religious man), when confronted by mormons at the front door, would say "No thanks, we're all Micks here..." :biggrin:

And now, for my sins, I teach maths at a catholic boy's school (they enjoy having a token atheist...)
And my gin!

Mick

Post by Mick » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:52 am

Xamonas Chegwé wrote:
Mick wrote:The Bible doesn't say this or that. The Bible is a collection of ancient documents. Which ancient document within the Bible are you referring?
Well I've read all of it twice and large parts of it many more times. But nowhere within it is there a prohibition on sex with children. Quite an omission, don't you think? Unless, as I suspect from your last post, you don't hold it to be the pure and unalloyed received word of god that many of your doctrine profess?

So, if it is nothing more than a collection of ancient tales, I must ask why you claim to be a catholic? And, more to the point, how you decide which parts, among those ancient tales, have relevance to you?

(Please understand that I am quite happy to discontinue the cross-examination if you prefer. It is just that, announcing yourself in your introductory post as a catholic, I supposed that you were here to debate religious topics. If I was wrong about that, please feel free to discuss beer, cheese, tits and wanking with the rest of us. (And guns, there are a few that like talking about guns here too - but they have their own little corner which I rarely visit. :tea: ))
In those times, it was a norm to marry kids we nowadays view as children, at least when broadly construed. I heard Mary was likely between 12-15 when she married Joseph. That's just now things were back then, I guess. This was true of the Greeks and Romans, too.

If the idea is that the omission suggests its permissibility, at least if we are talking about prepubescent children, then that's rather absurd.

Mick

Post by Mick » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:54 am

JimC wrote:
Mick wrote:

Are you implying that "hackenslash" and "popular member" are mutually exclusive entities?

:hehe:

PS - when I was growing up in Oz (as a very non-religious protestant), "Mick" was the somewhat derogatory term used for catholics. For example, my Dad (not a religious man), when confronted by mormons at the front door, would say "No thanks, we're all Micks here..." :biggrin:

And now, for my sins, I teach maths at a catholic boy's school (they enjoy having a token atheist...)

Point granted:

If hackenslash or another popular member...blah, blah, blah.

Hey: is there an appeal for this shit, or am I properly fucked?

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:56 am

Don't ask me, I am only a humble Rationalia moderator, not one of the lords of the universe over at Ratskep...
And my gin!

Scott1328

Post by Scott1328 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:02 am

If you have been subject to moderation you can formally appeal that action and the Moderation Team is obligated to respond to all such appeals. To make a formal appeal you can:
• Send a PM to a member of the Moderation Team to state you wish to make a formal appeal. Preferably, in the first instance, a PM would be sent to the moderator who issued the action and then if the member isn't happy with the outcome they may choose to PM a Global Moderator and/or the Senior Moderator;
• Start a ‘Formal Appeal’ thread in the Feedback Forum.
Members who have been suspended or banned can appeal moderation actions by emailing info@rationalskepticism.org.
Send an email requesting a formal appeal. There is no doubt that there is some controversy surrounding your banning.

I personally don't think you are a troll.

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:14 am

Hi Mick.

I just come here to play with the gifs. This one is bunny.
:bunny:

This one is sofa
:sofa:

Xamonas Chegwé
Bouncer
Bouncer

Post by Xamonas Chegwé » Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:24 am

Tero wrote:Hi Mick.

I just come here to play with the gifs. This one is bunny.
:bunny:

This one is sofa
:sofa:
We also have one of a bloke climbing a ladder, being stung by a wasp, his face turning purple, and him falling off the ladder. That doesn't have a lot of use - but there are times when it really is the ONLY way to express ones feeling. :tea:
Salman Rushdie
House MD
Sandy Denny
Paco
Calilasseia
Twoflower
Millefleur