PZ accuses Shermer of rape.

Holy Crap!
Coito ergo sum

Re: PZ accuses Shermer of rape.

Post by Coito ergo sum » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:05 pm

Xamonas Chegwé wrote:
charlou wrote:
Făkünamę wrote:Asked as you're topping up his wine glass? :ask:
An invitation to harmless coffee and chat .. ?
...made in a lift. :tea:
You mean, coffee doesn't mean coffee?

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:09 pm

Last edited by pErvinalia on Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Audley Strange
"I blame the victim"

Post by Audley Strange » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:19 pm

Hmmm is all some kind of code? Are these conferences actually just swingers conventions? "Coffee=Sex" "Wine=bondage and power games" Is asking if someone would like a tuna and cucumber sandwich going to end up with you getting pegged and a face-full of marine fragrant skeptiminge?
"What started as a legitimate effort by the townspeople of Salem to identify, capture and kill those who did Satan's bidding quickly deteriorated into a witch hunt" Army Man

Coito ergo sum

Post by Coito ergo sum » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:26 pm

Audley Strange wrote:Hmmm is all some kind of code? Are these conferences actually just swingers conventions? "Coffee=Sex" "Wine=bondage and power games" Is asking if someone would like a tuna and cucumber sandwich going to end up with you getting pegged and a face-full of marine fragrant skeptiminge?
I think that Skepchicks and ApeLusters are for some reason surprised that partying, drinking, carousing, flirtation and "hook-ups" occur regularly at conventions, be they business conventions, comic/gaming conventions or skeptic/atheist conventions. It seems to come as a surprise to them that one of the main purposes of getting together and holding a convention, in addition to education and edification, is to party and have a good time.

As such, they set the stage by claiming that it is "inappropriate" to think that a person at a convention may want to be offered drinks, or engage in flirty banter, because they liken the environment more to a work/employment context. They've even made that claim. Like the swinger business card incident. the "offended" skepchick in that incident said nobody has a right to hand her a risque' business card at a convention because she was "at work." :funny:

Bella Fortuna
Sister Golden Hair
About me: Being your slave, what should I do but tend
Upon the hours and times of your desire?
I have no precious time at all to spend,
Nor services to do, till you require.

Post by Bella Fortuna » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:33 pm

Audley Strange wrote:Hmmm is all some kind of code? Are these conferences actually just swingers conventions? "Coffee=Sex" "Wine=bondage and power games" Is asking if someone would like a tuna and cucumber sandwich going to end up with you getting pegged and a face-full of marine fragrant skeptiminge?
Nah, it's nothing like a Ratz meet...
Sent from my Bollocksberry using Crapatalk.
Food, cooking, and disreputable nonsense: http://miscreantsdiner.blogspot.com/

Audley Strange
"I blame the victim"

Post by Audley Strange » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:35 pm

Well yeah, but weren't the Skep (ahem) "chicks" initiators of a lot of that? Wasn't it their boredullo parties and "whooo look at us we're sexually liberated, drunk and wild guys!" attitude in the first place that gave the conventions they were at that flavour. Skeptibooth babes essentially? I'm guessing perhaps there were complaints about them not being serious enough and thus a clumsy ham-fisted tone deaf drama called elevator-gate was born.
"What started as a legitimate effort by the townspeople of Salem to identify, capture and kill those who did Satan's bidding quickly deteriorated into a witch hunt" Army Man

Audley Strange
"I blame the victim"

Post by Audley Strange » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:37 pm

Bella Fortuna wrote:
Nah, it's nothing like a Ratz meet...
I'm picturing the end of the movie "Society"!

epepke

Post by epepke » Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:21 am

lordpasternack wrote:Nothing was (physically) stopping the victims and their families from reporting incidents directly to the police - I mean, apart from the fact that many of the police also felt that it was something to be handled internally within the church, rather than dealt with properly as a criminal case.
It is absolutely true that the threat of being sent to hell to be tortured for eternity is not strictly physical, as hell does not exist. It's a fairly powerful motivator for people who believe it does, though.

DaveDodo007
About me: When ever I behave as a man I am called sexist, It seems being a male is now illegal and nobody sent me the memo. Good job as I would have told them to fuck off.

Post by DaveDodo007 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:40 am

Something for you male hating fembois to chew on.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... d-silence/

P Z Myers says:

"I'm at a loss for words. Elyse was raped. Several times. In different ways.

The world sucks in so many ways, doesn’t it? And I get to float above all of it, buoyed by my wings of privilege."

I'm still gonna tear you a new one but for free speech sake knock yourselves out. :smug:
We should be MOST skeptical of ideas we like because we are sufficiently skeptical of ideas that we don't like. Penn Jillette.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:14 am

Has he just named the woman who supposedly wanted to remain anonymous?
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:51 am

rEvolutionist wrote:Has he just named the woman who supposedly wanted to remain anonymous?
No.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Xamonas Chegwé
Bouncer
Bouncer
About me: I have prehensile eyebrows.
I speak 9 languages fluently, one of which other people can also speak.
When backed into a corner, I fit perfectly - having a right-angled arse.

Post by Xamonas Chegwé » Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:08 am

Hermit wrote:
rEvolutionist wrote:Has he just named the woman who supposedly wanted to remain anonymous?
No.
That's another woman. He's just playing variations on a theme. :tea:
A book is a version of the world. If you do not like it, ignore it; or offer your own version in return.
Salman Rushdie
You talk to God, you're religious. God talks to you, you're psychotic.
House MD
Who needs a meaning anyway, I'd settle anyday for a very fine view.
Sandy Denny
This is the wrong forum for bluffing :nono:
Paco
Yes, yes. But first I need to show you this venomous fish!
Calilasseia
I think we should do whatever Pawiz wants.
Twoflower
Bella squats momentarily then waddles on still peeing, like a horse
Millefleur

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:12 am

When's the bloody suing going to start?! :sulk:

Audley Strange
"I blame the victim"

Post by Audley Strange » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:25 am

I refuse to encourage Pzombie and his coterie of cunts, any links to FtB will be ignored by me. Plus if that's the same Elyse I think it is I wouldn't be surprised, she seems the sort that think a guy saying hi to you at a party is akin chronic sustained satanic child abuse. People don't tend to get that hypersensitive by choice, something makes them that way.