All Things Trump: the story continues...

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Re: All Things Trump: the story continues...

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Thu Jul 04, 2024 2:31 pm

I noticed this line during the presidential debate, but of course the 'real story' is how lousy Biden was.

'So, what is a ‘Black job’ anyway? Asking for me.'
I’m stumped. It’s been a week since everyone watching the first presidential debate heard it, and I’ll admit, I’m still baffled: What exactly is a “Black job”?

I’m African American and a female as well as a columnist for a major metropolitan newspaper. There aren’t many other Black women who do what I do for a living. I can count maybe a handful of us spread out around the entire country.

So, does that mean I have a “white job”?

Or is my position considered a Black one because I happen to be the one who currently holds it?

It was Donald Trump who sent me down this ridiculous rabbit hole when he mentioned during last week’s debate that “Black jobs” were being assumed by the “millions of people” who have been “allowed to come in through the border.”

“They’re taking Black jobs now,” Trump said (falsely, according to economists) of migrants. “And it could be 18. It could be 19 and even 20 million people. They’re taking Black jobs and they’re taking Hispanic jobs, and you haven’t seen it yet, but you’re going to see something that’s going to be the worst in our history.”

It wasn’t the first time I’ve heard that phrase come out of Trump’s hyperbolic mouth. He brought up “Black jobs” during a rally at Temple University’s Liacouras Center in North Philly last month.

I was sitting in the audience, and I found myself looking around to see if anyone else was thinking what I was.

When he did it again during last week’s disastrous presidential debate, I had the same reaction. Stunned disbelief. Such an idiotic thing to say once, much less to have on repeat.

It was yet another occasion when Trump’s white supremacy was on full display, and with virtually any other candidate at any other time, it would be instantly disqualifying. But Trump? He still has a good chance of becoming the nation’s next president.

Since the debate, I’ve been consoling myself about Trump’s ignorance — and the way so many millions of voters put up with it — by checking out the TikTok videos and memes on social media about his “Black jobs” comment.

My favorite is an Instagram video showing members of the Omega Psi Phi fraternity, a historically Black Greek organization, stepping forward one by one in their trademark purple and gold and announcing the various professional jobs they hold.

It’s an impressive group. One is a retired nuclear physicist. Another is a real estate developer. One says he’s a deputy sheriff in Memphis. Another is an occupational therapist. There’s a psychotherapist from Houston. A dentist from Gainesville, Ga. An IT professional. An occupational therapist. A pastor in Phoenix. A consultant with the federal government.

It’s Black excellence personified. I don’t know these men. But I guarantee you not one of them is worried about an immigrant taking their job. Not one.

It’s ironic that Trump, the ultimate anti-DEI candidate, is trying to frame his “Black jobs” comments as if he’s genuinely concerned about African American unemployment rates (which have been historically low).

In actuality, what Trump is trying to do is use yet another racist dog whistle — only this time, he’s trying to pit the Black community against our brown brothers and sisters.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Thu Jul 04, 2024 8:43 pm

Hoeing those cotton fields, I suppose...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Sat Jul 06, 2024 2:33 am

Doing important menial stuff in the background. Of course the Trump properties import workers from south of the border to do the 'black jobs,' so ...

Never met them, don't know anything about it.

'Trump: "I Know Nothing" About Project 2025 Despite Numerous Ex-Officials' Involvement''
It’s been called by observers “the extreme right-wing agenda for the next Republican administration,” “the Next Republican Revolution,” and “the scary extremist plan for the next Republican presidential administration.”

Project 2025 is the 920-page blueprint which would entirely remake the executive branch of the federal government and have chilling effects on every American. The Heritage Foundation is behind the multi-million dollar Trump-aligned action plan. Its president, Christian nationalist Kevin Roberts, recently made headlines with his warning for Democrats: “we are in the process of the second American Revolution, which will remain bloodless if the left allows it to be.” Some saw that as a threat of violence.

Donald Trump on Friday, appearing to try to distance himself from Roberts’ remarks and some of its growingly public, extremist plans, declared he knows “nothing” about Project 2025 and has nothing to do with it.

“I know nothing about Project 2025. I have no idea who is behind it. I disagree with some of the things they’re saying and some of the things they’re saying are absolutely ridiculous and abysmal. Anything they do, I wish them luck, but I have nothing to do with them,” the convicted felon ex-president running for president for a third time announced on his Truth Social platform.

The word “Trump” appears on 194 of the published document’s 920 pages, and according to that document 18 former Trump officials are involved with the project, including some well-known names.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Sat Jul 06, 2024 2:38 am

I know nothing about it, while commenting on parts of it.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Sat Jul 06, 2024 4:32 am

Nary a worry about 'plausible' deniability--just about anything is deniable in Trump's world.